Vacancy Announcement: Park Manager III, Santee State Park, Orangeburg County, SC
STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA
Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism
1205 Pendleton Street
Columbia, SC 29201
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Park Manager III - Santee State Park
An Equal Opportunity Employer
THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE EMPLOYEE AND THE AGENCY. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE ANY CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS OR ENTITLEMENTS. THE AGENCY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE THE CONTENT OF THIS DOCUMENT, IN WHOLE OR IN PART. NO PROMISES OR ASSURANCES, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, WHICH ARE CONTRARY TO OR INCONSISTENT WITH THE TERMS OF THIS PARAGRAPH CREATE ANY CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.
OPENING DATE: 07/26/22
JOB TITLE: Park Manager III -Santee State Park
CLASS CODE: LB50
POSITION NUMBER: 60021364
STATE SALARY RANGE:
$43,030.00 - $79,616.00 Annually
AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MIN: $59,494
AGENCY HIRING RANGE - MAX: $59,494
LOCATION: Orangeburg County, South Carolina
JOB TYPE: FTE - Full-Time
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Yes
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT SPECIFICS (IF ANY): Residency in agency-provided housing is required. Employee will be required to sign a residency agreement, which outlines the expectations for rent and utilities.
AGENCY SPECIFIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. A State application MUST be submitted electronically through the www.careers.sc.gov website.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:Located in South Carolina’s well-known Santee Cooper Country, Santee State Park sits along Lake Marion. South Carolina locals know the lake for its abundant population of large catfish. Santee State Park camping is offered on the lake, but for guests who prefer to spend the night indoors, rondette cabins, 10 of which sit on piers over the lake, are available and have been attracting families for years.
Job Purpose and Duties:
Under general supervision, performs work of considerable difficulty administering and supervising the operation, maintenance, interpretation, protection and conservation of Santee State Park. This operation has a wide variety of recreational activities and facilities. Performs duties governed generally by broad instructions, objectives, and policies as defined by the Agency. Involves choice of action within broad guidelines for a variety of conditions and problems.
1) Effectively trains and supervises full time staff and directs the activities of seasonal employees. Directs a staff to ensure that all operations are conducted in accordance with established procedures, policies and guidelines.
2) Responsible for change funds, revenues collected, and their accountability and disposition. Maintains and is accountable for inventory of all assets to include but not limited to equipment, supplies, and retail items.
3) Proactively work to improve knowledge and skills relating to management of Santee and implement programs or activities designed to improve your staffs abilities.
4) Directs a staff to ensure that all facilities, equipment, and property is maintained to the standards set forth by the department. Works to provide a safe environment for park visitors and employees.
5) Oversee the operations of all of Santee and manage them to maximize the revenue from them.
6) Ensures that park operations are operated in the most cost efficient manner possible. Assures that all activities are conducted in accordance with established procedures and policies.
7) Performs continued public relation activities, educational and recreational activities as required. Enforces park rules, regulations and policies within his/her authority.
8) Employee will be required to live in designated park housing to provide for security, safety and emergency response.
MINIMUM AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Park Management, or related field and five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity related to State Park operations.
1) Use judgement and discretion in the decision making process based on established procedures and guidelines. Provide a customer friendly service oriented work environment. Experience supervising full time employees and in customer relations. Able to make public presentation and represent the park and the agency to the public and the press. Position requires medium to heavy lifting, bending, walking and standing on uneven terrain, crawling and working at heights, exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other materials used in maintaining park facilities and grounds. Works with office equipment such as computers, calculators, etc. Position works a flexible work schedule, including weekends and holidays. Position requires residence in agency provided housing.
2) The ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing. The ability to work independently or as part of a team as well as the ability to direct others. Position requires flexible work schedule to include weekends, nights and holidays. Position requires residency in agency-provided housing.
3) Must possess a valid SC driver’s license and have the ability to get and maintain a SC constable commission.
Actual Job Location: Santee State Park.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
Residency in agency-provided housing is required. Employee will be required to sign a residency agreement, which outlines the expectations for rent and utilities.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
1205 Pendleton Street
Columbia, SC 29201
PARK MANAGER III -SANTEE STATE PARK
Park Manager III -Santee State Park Supplemental Questionnaire
*1.Do you have a bachelor's degree in Park Management, Business Administration or related field and five years’ experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity related to State Park Operations?
2.Do you have the ability to stand for extended periods of time and to lift, bend, stoop and reach for supplies?
*3.Which statement best describes your written and oral communication skills?
Routinely responsible for communicating directions to various co-workers through verbal presentations and written reports.
Somewhat experienced with these types of communication skills.
Responsible for very little communication with others.4.
Please indicate the option that best represents your years of experience in the operation of a government owned park.
Less than one year
More than one year but less than three years
More than three years but less than 5
At least five years or more
*5.Please choose the answer that best describes your experience with managing natural and/or cultural resources.
In my current or a previous position, I have worked with natural and/or cultural resources (programming, interpretation, education, etc.).
I am familiar with resource management techniques, but I am not/I have not been directly responsible.
I do not have any experience managing natural and/or cultural resources.
*6.Please choose the option that best describes your level of experience with park-specific programming.
I provide/I have provided park-specific programming during employment.
I am familiar with this type of programming, but I am not/I have not been responsible for contents.
I do not have any experience with park-specific programming.
7.Please briefly describe your administrative experience (including, but not limited to receiving and documenting revenues, preparing reports and managing account payments).
*8.If selected for this position, are you willing to accept the posted salary of $59,494?
9.Are you a current SCPRT employee?
*10.How did you hear about this position?
11.If "Other" was chosen above, please provide the source of where you did hear about this position below.
* Required Question