U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, today chaired a hearing of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee to review the implementation of the Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) program.
In her opening remarks, Murkowski noted that her 2019 lands package – the John D. Dingell Conservation, Management, and Recreation Act – contained a provision to permanently authorize LWCF’s collection and deposit functions and ensure that at least 40 percent of appropriated funding goes to the state-side program each year
“Now that the collection and deposit functions of the LWCF have been permanently authorized – and we have made some important reforms – it is time to look at what has worked with the program and areas that can be improved,” Murkowski said. “Our challenge now is to think differently and more creatively about the LWCF. We need to ask what else it can accomplish for conservation and outdoor recreation in the future.”
Lauren Imgrund, Deputy Secretary for Pennsylvania DNR and president of NASORLO, provided expert testimony on the stateside component of LWCF.
An archived video of today’s hearing can be found on the committee’s website.
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski ChairmanSenate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources06.25.19 – LWCF Oversight Hearing – Murkowski’s Opening Statement (as Delivered).pdf(332.6 KBs)
- Sen. Joe Manchin Ranking MemberSenate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Witness Panel 1
- The Honorable Susan Combs Assistant Secretary for Policy, Management and BudgetU.S. Department of the InteriorCombs Testimony 6-25-19 SENR Cmte Hearing.pdf (423.7 KBs)
- Mr. Chris French Acting Deputy Chief, U.S. Forest ServiceU.S. Department of AgricultureFrench Testimony 6-25-19 SENR Cmte Hrg.pdf (132.1 KBs)
- Ms. Lauren Imgrund PresidentNational Association of State Outdoor Recreation Liaison OfficersImgrund Testimony 6-25-19 SENR Cmte Hearing.pdf (97.4 KBs)
- Mr. Collin O’Mara President and CEONational Wildlife FederationO’Mara Testimony 6-25-19 SENR Cmte Hearing.pdf (69.6 KBs)
- Mr. Brian Yablonski Executive DirectorProperty and Environment Research CenterYablonski Testimony 6-25-19 SENR Cmte Hrg.pdf (295.7 KBs)